Miami Gay News | Miami Gay Info, Miami Gay Information
- Created: 01 November 2015 01 November 2015
An inaugural listing of the world’s top 50 diversity professionals has been released.
The Global Diversity List is affiliated with the Global Diversity Awards, which produces the annual European Diversity Awards.
The results of the Global Diversity List were announced at special events at the New York and London offices of The Economist last week, and published online on the weekend.
As well as a list of top 50 diversity professionals, the Global Diversity List includes several top tens, including a top ten list of LGBT employee networks, diversity champions and diversity consultants.
The listings were drawn up from nominations submitted by readers of The Economist.
These were whittled down an advisory panel, which included: Linda Riley, founder of the European Diversity Awards; Michael Brunt, Chief Marketing Officer and MD of Circulation, The Economist; Toby Burton, CFO of Circulation at The Economist; Sarah Kate Ellis, President and CEO of GLAAD; and Lord Cashman of Limehouse, the Labour Party’s special envoy on LGBT rights; among others.
Michael Brunt said in a statement: ‘The Economist has long championed social liberal causes and celebrated those working to promote them.
‘We have consistently argued for human rights, against discrimination of all forms, for the right of all people to marry, for the legalization of drugs; for non-government intervention in how people choose to lead their lives.’
Among those featured on the list are Julie O’Mara, Co-author of ‘Global Diversity and Inclusion Benchmarks’; Daniel Winterfield, Diversity and Inclusion Partner for CMS who founded the InterLaw Diversity Forum; and US diplomat Ambassador Ruth Davis, the first woman of color to be appointed as Director General of the Foreign Service, and the first African-American Director of the Foreign Service Institute.
In a statement, Global Diversity List’s Linda Riley said: ‘The list marks a seminal moment for the diversity profession, by publicly recognizing the world’s most influential, innovative and creative diversity professionals in one comprehensive list for the first time.
‘The list sets the benchmark of exceptional performance in the profession today and creates the role models for the diversity professionals of tomorrow.’
The listing of top ten LGBT employee networks is as follows:
- Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Transgenders and Allies of Oliver Wyman (GLOW) Employee Resource Group – Oliver Wyman (Global)
- GLBTA Alliance – GE (USA)
- GLEE@PwC – PwC (UK)
- LGBT Network – Accenture (UK)
- Pride at Work – Thomson Reuters (Global)
- Pride Network – BNP Paribas (Global)
- PRIDE Network – Intuit (Global)
- PRIDE, LGBTA Employee Network – Chevron (Global)
- PrideBox Network – Dropbox (USA)
- Unity – EY’s LGBTA Network (Global)
In a statement to Gay Star Business, a spokesperson for Accenture said that the organization was ‘honored’ to be included on the list.
‘Accenture’s vibrant global LGBT network positively impacts our workplace as well as the wider LGBT community, and reflects our commitment to an inclusive and diverse environment where people can be comfortable, be themselves and be inspired,’ said Patrick Rowe, deputy general counsel at Accenture and executive sponsor of the company’s UK LGBT network.
The top 50 Diversity Professionals in Industry list is as follows:
- Lindsey Ambrose – Equality, Diversity & Human Rights Lead, St Andrews Healthcare (UK)
- Jane Ayaduray – Manager, Group Diversity and Inclusion, Standard Chartered Bank (Global)
- Christiane Bisanzio – Group Chief D & I Officer, AXA (Global)
- Rafael Campos – Diversity Coordinator, Aberdeen Asset Management (Global)
- Richard Chapman-Harris – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Manager, Mott MacDonald (UK)
- Emma Cusdin – Senior HR Business Partner, Thomson Reuters (UK)
- Ambassador Ruth Davis – Director General, US Foreign Service (Global)
- Ingrid Devin – EMEA Diversity & Inclusion Lead, Dell (EMEA)
- Deborah Elam – President & Chief Diversity Officer, GE Foundation (Global)
- Deirdre Golden – Principal, Global Diversity Forum (Global)
- Velma I Grover – Adjunct, McMaster University, Canada (Canada)
- Jerome Hamilton – Senior Vice President, Stratasys Corp (Global)
- Sylvia F. James – Diversity Counsel, Baker Botts L.L.P. (UK)
- Wilbert W. James, Jr. – President, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc. (USA)
- Mitra Janes – Diversity & Inclusion Manager, DLA Piper (Global)
- Terilyn Juarez Monroe – Chief Diversity Officer & Director, Engagement, Intuit (Global)
- Amir Kabel – Global Diversity & Inclusion Specialist & Young Leaders Program UK, U.S. Embassy (UK)
- Vinay Kapoor – Head of Diversity & Inclusion, BNP Paribas UK (UK)
- Anita Krohn Traaseth – CEO, Innovation Norway (Norway)
- Roland Kwemain – Executive Director, ADCOME (Africa)
- Kirti Lad – Director, Harvey Nash Executive Search (Asia)
- Morgan Lobb – Entrepreneur and Founder, DiversityJobs.co.uk; thebigIDEA.co.uk (UK)
- Martyn Loukes BEM – Business Development Manager & Chair LGBT+ staff network, Transport for London (UK)
- Kumar Mangalam Birla – Chairman, Aditya Birla Group (India)
- Mark McLane – Head of Global D&I, Barclays Bank (Global)
- Nirmala Menon – CEO, Interweave Consulting (Global)
- Janet Menzies – Independent Management Consultant, Australia (Australia)
- Raphael Mokades – Managing Director, Rare (Global)
- Janakan Muthukumar – Media Co-ordinator, and Lecturer, Open University of Sri Lanka (Sri Lanka)
- Julie O’Mara & Alan Richter – Co-authers of ‘Global Diversity and Inclusion Benchmarks’ (Global)
- Ken Olisa OBE – Director, Thomson Reuters (UK)
- Ratna Omidvar – Founding Executive Director, Ryerson University’s Maytree Global Diversity Exchange (Global)
- Cindy Patman – Senior Director, Corporate Affairs and Diversity Initiatives, Halliburton (USA)
- Paul Polman – CEO, Unilever (Global)
- Troy Roderick – Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Telstra Ltd. (Australia)
- Richard Rosenbaum – CEO, Greenberg Traurig LLP (Global)
- Beth Sehgal – Global Director of D&I, A.T. Kearney’s (Global)
- Chhaya Sinha – Global Lead for Diversity & Inclusion, LEGO (Global)
- Melissa Soh – Project Manager, Consumer Banking D & I, Standard Chartered Bank, Africa, Asia, Middle East (EMEA)
- Guelabatin Sun – Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Deutsche Bank (Global)
- Charlotte Sweeney – Founder, Charlotte Sweeney Associates (UK)
- Dr. Paula Thaqi – Health Department Director, Broward Co. Health Department, Florida (USA)
- Pascale Thumerelle – Vice President, Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, Vivendi (France)
- Brian Tippens – Global Head of Diversity, Hewlett Packard (Global)
- Enrique Torre Molina – LGBT Consultant, Freelance (Global)
- Alison Unsted – Senior Manager, Diversity & Wellbeing, Hogan Lovells (UK)
- Jolanda Verbeek – CEO, Global D&I Consulting (Global)
- Daniel Winterfeldt – International Capital Markets, CMS Cameron McKenna (Global)
- Shunee Yee – CEO, CSOFT (Global)
- S. Shariq Yosufzai – Vice President of Global Diversity, Chevron Corporation (Global)